DO YOU HAVE AN ADULT CHILD WHO IS ALWAYS IN CRISIS?
Parents and grandparents around the country are struggling emotionally, spiritually and financially—living in chaos from one crisis to another concerning the poor choices being made by their adult children. They want desperately to help their adult children, and yet their repeated attempts to come to the rescue have not brought the expected results. Well-meaning parental enabling has fostered a vicious cycle of insanity that has reached epidemic proportion with catastrophic consequences.
With almost 200,000 books sold in the popular Setting Boundaries® series, countless parents around the world have found hope, healing and SANITY since the release of Setting Boundaries with Your Adult Children, Six Steps to Hope and Healing for Struggling Parents by Allison Bottke. This critically acclaimed book is a recommended resource by Focus on the Family, and it has hit #1 on various Amazon.com lists several times.
With deep compassion and empathy for parents in pain, Allison has developed a SANITY Support Group workbook for use with the book to help parents set healthy boundaries. Hundreds of participants worldwide have already successfully completed the 6-Steps to SANITY and 12-Weeks to Freedom support group program.
Following the six-step SANITY acronym, group members explore the difference between helping and enabling, why we enable and why we must stop, the power of love and forgiveness, what to do when drug, alcohol or other addictions are a component, how to develop an effective plan of action, and other vital issues surrounding this timely topic.
This empowering 12-week program is specifically for those struggling with adult children over the age of 18, who are ready to embark on a life-changing journey to find hope, healing and freedom. The workbook is designed for small groups of any size and also includes step-by-step guidance for Group Leaders.
All material in the acclaimed Setting Boundaries® series is faith-based. Allison is clear that her perspective on the issue is that of a Christian parent in pain. However, she invites readers of all faiths to learn how to set the necessary boundaries needed to survive as a parent of an adult child whose life is always in some type of drama, chaos or crisis.
* Setting Boundaries with Your Adult Children will launch a brand new beginning in your life. You may feel you are in a desert place right now as you struggle with a parenting crisis, but be alert! There’s a stream in the wasteland—and you can begin making hope-filled choices that will forever change your future for the better.
Carol Kent, Speaker and Author
* I just got your book today on Setting Boundaries with Your Adult Children and finished it in about four hours. My son is in jail right now. I realized I am an enabler and codependent from other books, but I found your book very enlightening as to what to do about it other than just being told to stop. I need a SANITY Support Group, I need help to implement the SANITY process. ML
* I began a mother’s group using Setting Boundaries with Your Adult Children, and it was wonderful! We all loved it! We all still have kids (18 & over), and we really needed the encouragement and help. SR
* Your book was a hard read for an enabler—after being a really good parent of small children, less of a good parent of teenagers and not very good at all of adult children. I have my own issues that I have been working on for years. I am the director of a Christian Counseling Center, and I’m motivated to be a better parent of adult children and to help those who are seeking help as well. WC
* Thank you so much for writing the book, Setting Boundaries with Your Adult Children. I bought it from a bookstore here in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada and I read it out loud word-for-word with my husband! We are Christian parents and could not put the book down because it related so